Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

Members Login

Thread: 5v relay

Alcohol Water Injection

5v relay

Hi,

1. Can I use a 5v relay to ground the 12v relay that grounds the pump + solenoid?
    2. Will any 5v relay work or is there a certain ampere rating needed?
    3. Is there a 5v relay that can ground the pump directly?

Basically I want to use my spare 0-5v output to trigger the pump. I have the DO stage one with hobbs switch.

TIA =)

Re: 5v relay

You should be using a 12v relay on a 12v and up power source, I don't know if a 5v relay will not short out. Remember you car is making around 13.4 to 13.8v when running.

Alcohol Water Injection

My thinking is, the 5v coil will complete the circuit (ground wire) of the 12v coil. So 12 volts (or 14volts) wouldn't really pass thru the 5v coil. In the same way when a 12v relay is energized it doesn't give out any voltage to the terminals its completing.

But yeah wasn't sure either if the it would fry the 5v relay or worse my 5v source. Thus this thread.

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply, as usual =)

If your using it as a ground then it would work, but why the extra relay in the system? TAP a fuse works very well for things like that when adding a relay.

Alcohol Water Injection

Just to be able to have a little more control. (Ie. boost / rpm). And because I have a spare 0-5v channel that I can use lol.

Now I have to worry about an extra relay failing. But also removed the hobbs switch so kinda cancels out the parts to fail count.

Now need to figure out if the 0-5v channel has enough juice to even energize the 0-5v relay.

This message for the author because he just not mention the topic of the page. And as you see here is nothing possible material from which you learn something best for all those who want resume writing lab reviews site work. I will trying to posted it on the different pages.

5v relay

Aye - the part no. and description for the relay is 61111057000 RELAY CM1A-R-12V-H80 07 circa 8 each - theyre all the same so you could try swopping one of the over to confirm that it is a problem with the starter relay.