Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cleaning the tank

Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

Members Login
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    banned

Cleaning the tank

Thought that after JettaRed's check valve problem, it might be a good idea to get a topic like this started. Everyone, what did you do/use to clean out your washer tank before or during your WAI use? Removal and scrubbing, chemical, nothing, please post up.
    Last edited by Dust; 04-18-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Re: Cleaning the tank

The most common debris are little pieces of plastic from were you drilled on a new tank or crap that has just been collecting in the tank over the years, It may not appear solid when you look into it but just might be gummed up at the bottom this stuff can collect in a nice little ball and get pushed through the system

When I do a install I drain a stock washer fluid tank and flush it out with a high pressure hose. If it's easy to remove then I do it with it off the vehicle. Limeaway or similar products works great for getting it looking like almost new on the inside But Limeaway is my choice for cleaning washer fluid tanks, 6 month pump flush, and nozzle filter cleaning. Just fully flush out everything before connecting back through the vehicle.

I've had a couple of times when really small stuff that may be in the bottom of my washer tank gets sucked up and passed through the pump. I'm pretty sure the debris was plastic bits from drilling the hole. It passes through the pump and gets caught in the check valve, preventing a good seal for when the pump is off and causing vacuum leak symptoms.

Here is my solution. It's a Purolator fuel filter (part no. F20011) installed on the intake side of the pump. The 1/4" lines fit snuggly inside the barbs of the filter. It will also act to catch any air in the line, though I haven't had any problem like that.

Last edited by JettaRed; 04-19-2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Provide additional information from other thread.
    2004 Audi TT 225Q GIAC, Forge 007, Neuspeed 19mm RSB, 42DD Downpipe, BoostMachine, Haldex Blue, Devil's Own WM Injection
    2008 Infiniti G35x (stock)
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8TQ Neuspeed 1 Bar, 710N
    2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ GIAC, 710N
    2003 GTI 1.8T Black SOLD
    2001 Audi A4 1.8TQ DEAD
    2000 Supercharged JettaRed DEAD

OK, here is your original post, dvldoc:

Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc

Limeaway is 30% Phosphoric Acid the seals on the pump can handle 80% so you don't need to dilute it, Just make sure you flush the system out.
    And of course you don't have the nozzle holder connected to the hose you just let it run through the pump and drain into a container. Let it sit for 30 minutes and flush it out. Also great for the nozzle filter as well just put it in a little cap of it and then rinse it off. Keeps it nice and clean.

2008 Infiniti G35x (stock)
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8TQ Neuspeed 1 Bar, 710N
    2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ GIAC, 710N
    2003 GTI 1.8T Black SOLD
    2001 Audi A4 1.8TQ DEAD
    2000 Supercharged JettaRed DEAD

Ive beenusing a one gallon fuel cell. My problem is it keeps gathering mineral depoists on the bottom. Any reason why?

Sounds like a chemical reaction with your mix and the metal of the fuel cell. There are different grades of stainless some will have mild corrosion with methanol and the higher end stuff will not.

anything i can do to prevent it or minimize it?

Fuel tank sealer or switch to a different type of alcohol.

Sealer? Right now i was running distilled water but ima go back to a 50/50 mix

That's odd you would be having sediment issues with distilled water in a aluminum or stainless tank.

Tank sealer is a just a chemical treatment for the tank to keep corrosion from forming and to clean impurities off the tank walls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast